Simple Vegan Bean Soup | Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker Recipe
Soup season came early to Iowa this year with three inches of snow falling on Halloween.
I have especially been craving comforting meals but have no energy to cook them. Thank goodness for the Instant Pot. I can toss everything together, go take a nap, eat a warm, healthy meal, and head back to bed.
This recipe used a bean and barley mix that I purchased from the Amish community near my home, but a commercial 15-bean mix would also work well.
This has been a favorite of mine for breakfast and dinner. It happens to be fairly healthy, which is a plus when I’ve been getting so little exercise.
- 2 T avocado oil
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 4 potatoes
- 2 C corn kernels
- 2 C diced tomatoes (I have mine canned in pints- a 15 oz can should do fine)
- 2 C 15 bean soup mix
- 8 C water
- 1/2 cabbage, shredded
- 1 T broth powder
- 1 T paprika
- 1 t salt
- Heat oil in pressure cooker using saute setting with the lid off. As oil is heating, chop the vegetables and add them in. Cook for about five minutes.
- Turn off the pressure cooker and add remaining ingredients.
- Lock lid in place and set pressure cooker to 40 minutes. On my cooker this is the “Multigrain” setting.
- Allow to rest for about 10 minutes before releasing the pressure the rest of the way.
I hope soup season finds you warm and cozy with plenty of time for rest! Comment below if you tried the recipe or if you have “souper” simple vegetarian Instant Pot recipes to share.