I don’t mean to turn this into a recipe blog, but lately all I have the energy to do is cook and eat hearty, healthy food. This recipe has been a weekly favorite in our house and definitely worth sharing.
I was inspired by this recipe from Vegan Richa but I worked it to make it even cheaper and simpler. It makes a hearty stew more than a soup, especially if you add extra vegetables. Spencer says it is one of his favorite things that I make which is awesome because he can be hard to please with vegan meals.
- 2 T avocado oil (or any cooking oil)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 T minced garlic
- 1- 24 oz jar marinara sauce
- 1 T chicken-flavored broth powder
- 2 t Italian seasoning
- 1 C dried lentils
- 6 oz dried lasagna sheets, broken into small pieces
- Heat the oil using the saute setting with the lid off.
- Cook onion and garlic until translucent- about five minutes. Add any additional vegetables you have on hand, (or have the energy to cut up!) up to 2 cups. This recipe tastes great as is but could benefit from the addition of zucchini or bell peppers.
- Turn off pressure cooker and add remaining ingredients to the pot. Fill the jar of marinara sauce with water twice and add that to the pot as well.
- Lock the lid in place and cook for ten minutes. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before manually releasing pressure the rest of the way.
- Enjoy with toppings if wanted, or if you have them handy. Spencer likes to add shredded cheese to his.
I hope you like this recipe as much as we do. I commonly have all of these ingredients on hand so it is quick to pull together even when I only feel like ordering takeout.